Kids usually know exactly what they want to be on Halloween. That’s the easy part. Now for the eco-minded, but also fun – part. This year, Moss Rock Festival and Alabama Baby & Child Magazine invite kids of all ages to think green this Halloween by participating in our eco-friendly costume contest. The ”Green Halloween Costume Contest” is designed to inspire kids to be imaginative and innovative by taking a more active role in their annual transformation, while also recycling, reusing, and repurposing in the process. And yes, even being scary for the spookiest holiday around.
To enter the contest:
- take a photo of your child wearing their creation, then email your photo to MRF@FindArtBirmingham.com.
- post your pic on Moss Rock Festival’s and/or Alabama Baby & Child’s Facebook pages. Get your family and friends to like it.
- The winner will be announced October 31st via Facebook and will be featured in next year’s Alabama Baby & Child’s Fall issue.
- Prizes include: a $25 gift certificate for art supplies at Forstall Art Center, front row access to cool art workshops at the WonderKid Studios, Cake tickets at the Nature of Cakes Expo & Tasting, free lunch & drink, VIP parking for mom and/or dad at the festival site – The Preserve, a classic American neighborhood in Hoover,
- The 5 costumes with the most likes will be in the running for the Top Prize.
- Other Awards given: Most Green, Most Innovative, Most Creative
Read more about the contest and how you can start to think about building your green costume in Alabama Baby & Child’s Fall issue. There are some great design tips in the story. Also check out the following links for more costume inspiration and ways you can make yours more earth friendly: