There is an art to crafting a great beer. With multiple breweries now open in the area, Birmingham is quickly becoming the home for a burgeoning brewing industry. The Beer Garden at Moss Rock Festival would like to celebrate their efforts and successes in the community.
ONLINE & PHONE PRE-ORDER TICKETS ARE CLOSED. Door tickets can be purchased for $15 at the festival on Saturday & Sunday. We’ll see you there!
Join us at the Beer Garden and discover a great new brew while overlooking all of the festival action. In 2012, we are proud and excited to showcase the skilled crafts of the following local breweries at the Beer Garden:
- Avondale Brewing Company
- Back Forty Beer Company
- Beer Engineers
- Cahaba Brewing Company
- Good People Brewing Company
Each brewery will be featuring 3-5 of their select craft brews for tasting at Beer Garden.
1:00pm – 2:30pm
3:00pm – 4:30pm
2:00pm – 3:30pm
100 people per session
$12 Advance until Friday, Nov 2
$15 per session – at the door Nov 3 & 4
We recommend pre-ordering your tickets as this event could sell out.
Guided Tastings & Food Pairings
Trevor Newberry, beer connoisseur and columnist for Birmingham Magazine, will be leading guided tastings and food pairings each day with Danner Kline of Free the Hops. Food pairings will include:
D’Agostino’s Sausage Empire – a producer of fresh local sausages served at some of Birmingham top restaurants, and sold at local farmer’s markets.
- Italian Fennel Sausage — savory, anise, short on garlic with a hint of sweetness.
- Italian Garlic Sausage — garlicky balanced with citrus, warm spice and nuttiness.
- Andouille — lingering spiciness but not overpowering, plenty of garlic and pepper, medium apple wood smoke.
- Mexican chorizo — complex combination of peppers with hint of heat balanced with sweetness and warm spice and pronounced Mexican oregano. This one is extremely aromatic with over 20 spices.
- Bacon — dry cured and apple wood smoked, long on salty smoke, but not overpowering with a hint of sweet. Plenty of integrated silky fat.
- Pimento Chèvre Spread on plain crusty bread
- The Original on a ginger snap
- Hard Salami
- Italian Cured Salami
- Provolone Cheese
- Jerk Turkey
- Chipotle Chicken
- Chipotle Gouda Cheese
No one under 21 admitted. All ticket holders will be carded at the door.